Jade Scott Pinwheel Challenge.

A few weeks ago I entered a contest to win one of Jade Scott's lovely pinwheels on Lorelei's Blog and lo and behold...I WON ONE!!!

Photo from Jade Scott. Look at all of the pretty colors!!!
The task at hand for seven lucky participants (and anyone else who wanted to purchase one and play along) was to create a piece of jewelry featuring the pinwheel that you received. I got a grass green one. (My FAVORITE color and the one that I was hoping to get.)

So I whipped up this little number.

A ring...so I can look at this pretty pinwheel all the time.
I am so happy with it. Here are some fancy snaps.

I made a simple soldered band ring and then soldered the stamped circle to it. I punched two holes in the circle and secured the pinwheel with 22-gauge sterling silver wire.

I stamped "Any Way the Wind Blows" around the front.

And "Wind" on the back of the band.

Thanks so much to Lorelei and Jade for sponsoring such a great challenge. Jump on over to all of the participants to see what other treasures were created with this lovely component. I can't wait to see what everyone else made.
and also .....
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 Make at Home is proudly powered by blogger.com